Sunday, September 25, 2005

Ikea

Woke up this morning with a call from Phoebe and a little later, my parents. Read a bit more of State of Fear which I bought for £4.99 at Sainsbury, which is nearly half the price of that in Australia. I think it's good to make a point to do things even though you may not feel like it. Jack had told me to go to Ikea with his friends, which I reluctantly replied, "Yes" to, knowing that I would regret it if I didn't. It turned out pretty good.

I had to meet Jack after brunch (which was just the same as what was served at breakfast the past few days, only a few hours later) over at HSBC in Chinatown. Since I got lost and purchased an A-Z London Map, I arrived 10 minutes late. We took the Tube to Bakers Street Station, with a ticket costing a hefty £5.20, though it was a daily ticket and it took us out to Zones 1-4, since Ikea is in Zone 3. At Bakers Street Station, we met up with Jack's friends - Isaac, Emmy, Agnus and Erica. Turned out that the Jubilee Line was suspended indefinitely, and so we had to take the replacement buses. During the long trip to Ikea, I got to know some of Jack's friends, who were all nice people, and in fact, all completing their Master of Laws, and were all aged 23!

At Ikea we went around for 2 hours buying everything. Things are really cheap there. I bought: a clock, two pillows (69p each!), a cookie jar, a fruit plate thing, and a blanket. It all cost just £12. What a bargain. Emmy bought a big cabinet thing and a mirror (which is wavy and pretty cool, just £7) so we helped her carry it through the replacement buses back and on the Tube too.

Went to Wong Kei (旺記) for dinner afterwards, and following my dad's advice, I ordered the Western Pork Chop Rice, which was very yum indeed and decently priced at £4.50. Agnus, Isaac and Erica had to go earlier, so only Jack, me and Emmy went for dinner. Wong Kei is known for its bad service, but it turned out alright once we sat down (they asked us to go upstairs when there was no room). After that went to supermarket to get cookies to fill my cookie jar. Good day. Glad I agreed to go to Ikea with Jack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home