Church
Went to church yesterday. Two services actually. I guess it's only in London, can one go to two such contrasting services - one with John Stott (All Souls, Langham Place) and the other Brian Houston (Hillsong London, Dominion Theatre). While All Souls adopts a rather traditional worship service, not unlike those found in Melbourne school assemblies, Hillsong has the usual Hillsong fare, with its repertoire of songs. The messages, however, seemed mainly hype (maybe because I was tired as well) in Brian's message and it was not until half way through, was a structure realised. John Stott's message which was on Luke 14:25-35 was concrete and had a lot of substance. Essentially it said that you had to place God before relationships, ambition and possessions. I had gone to All Souls in the morning.
Afterward I went to a leader's place for lunch where we had Chilli Con Carne, though unfortunately with Parsley in it. Headed home after a bit and on arrival, discovered the hall full of new inhabitants with a welcome tea/biscuit meet 'n' greet happening. Had a very quick dinner after and then headed over the Hillsong London for the night service mentioned earlier.
Today was slightly wasted, spending the better part of the day reading State of Fear and also on the computer trying out Skype, though this morning I did venture out to UCL to obtain the Affiliate Student Registration Schedule. Skype is a decent program as long as you have the necessary equipment - a relatively fast connection, speakers and a microphone. Was pretty uneventful in general today, though at dinner, Jack, John and I met two girls from China, whereupon we struck an interesting conversation pertaining to the presence of maggots in our dorm rooms and how they were relatively similar in appearance to the rice we were eating. Mmm. Went around visiting some rooms but ended up at Jack's place where Kelvin was trying to find accommodation after moving down from his girlfriend's place near Birmingham. After talking to Jack and Kelvin, I reckon Vodaphone is the way to go. Though T-Mobile may be more competitive, a lot of the people I know are on Vodaphone, plus the Stop The Clock promotion seems alright too (pay only the cost of the first three minutes up to sixty minutes during the night). Mucked around with Jack's PSP - some good games there such as Winning Eleven 9, Ridge Racer and a few others in Japanese. Not bad at all. Still impressed by its graphics. And that pretty much sums up my day.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home