The Rising Sun
Had my second day of lectures today, with things being quite interesting. At least more so than yesterday, where one lecture was unconventionally split into morning and afternoon sessions - the second of which comprised of 30% lecture material and 70% during which the lecturer stood on a table trying to connect the laptop up to the projector. Was feeling a bit sick yesterday actually, but Jack gave me some medicine and I drank plenty of fluids, so I've basically recovered now. Still have a little sore throat though.
Today I had Operating Systems and Mathematical Methods 3 with the former comprising mainly of C which I've already learnt but that I need to brush up on whilst the latter was a very fast recap to some extent, where the lecturer presented the three types of chain rule for partial differential equations. Also bought two Schaum's Outlines books from Waterstones - £9.99 each. While there, I also bought a £5 ticket to hear Stephen Hawking present his new book over at a UCL lecture theatre.
The day wasn't as interesting as could be, but since I'd signed up for the Japanese Society (don't ask me why, I don't know either), Zoey, Carrie and I were going to go down to the Rising Sun pub along Tottenham Court Road where the Society was conducting some Welcome event. At the end a really big bunch of us went: Zoey, Lu, Jenny, Carrie, Jack, me and two people whose names I can't pronounce (one is Zoey's friend and they other is a japanese guy from our hall). Turned out to be rather loud and smokey with people downing pints. They played Bingo and two lucky people won two bottles of Sake. None of us Connaught Hallers won anything though, which was just as well since none of us ordered any alcohol anyway, apart from Carrie, who couldn't finish her pint - Jack and I helped her out at the end. Then that was pretty much it. Met some guys - even a guy from All Souls whose name was Naoki; one of the few real Japanese around haha. We all walked back to the hall, apart from Carrie... think she's still there right now.
Here's a photo from a few days ago (Jack, Eko, Me, Carrie):



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home