Tim Tams
Yesterday I had some lectures. My maths subject is extremely hard, with the lecturer proving the three sections of the chain rule for partial derivatives in the second lecture already. Bought to Schaum's Outline Series books. Hope they help.
Later yesterday, I went over to Chinese Church In London (CCIL) where they held a welcome night with the theme "Best Before". Thought Jack couldn't make it but he came only an hour late with Esther, also MSc Law and who is a Christian. He bumped into several of his other friends there also from Law. Before Jack came, they had a drama, had a game and also had praise and worship. The first song they sang was 全因為你 which is my favourite Christian song along with 求將一生獻上. Had dinner afterward which I didn't think looked really good. But man! I think the time we had dinner helped (8.30pm) but that was the best meal I'd had since I arrived in London. The chicken (two types) were both really nice. There was roast pork and "fun see" and it was just so yum. Had seconds hehe. Met some new people there who were really nice and afterward walked home with Jack.
Today. Well I had actually gotten a call concerning a job yesterday, with an interview being held today. Had to prepare an informal two minute talk about why UCL is the best university hehe. So today, I went over to 90 Tottenham Court Road and had the interview thing. There were around about 10 people there. The job is actually for UCL Futures, where they hire 25-30 people from an interviewed pool of around 70. It consists of ringing Alumni and asking them to donate to a good cause that is UCL. They gave us a series of tasks including using balloons and paper to stop an egg from breaking from a height of 2 metres. Our pod proved indestructible while the other team built a landing pad. (Actually when the supervisor dropped it, she missed the pad, and yet the egg did not break. Mmmm) Went around the room and gave the talks; they also split us up and gave us two viable projects to decide which deserves funding. Interesting.
So what else? Had a few lectures today. At least didn't have maths. The others are quite easy I think. Not too bad at all. Was thinking that there was nothing to do today, and since Jack had a postgraduate meeting at 5:30pm, I went to dinner early at 5:45pm. It's weird being one of the first ones to line up. Met Andrew who is doing "History of African Studies". Nice guy. He left after he'd finished (I hadn't yet, I'm a slow eater), so Velicia (always assumed it was Felicia), the girl from Melbourne, as well as her friend (also from Melbourne and MLC) sits down. Talk for a bit and find out that she lived in Balwyn for a while. Scary. We've probably bumped into each other without knowing. Turns out she knows Andre Hartono. We lamented a little about missing Tim Tams (they are £2.95 here from the Australia Shop) and so that was pretty cool haha. Also borrowed a movie I've wanted to watch for ages: 龍貓. I remember the last time I watched it was with Camie and Christopher maybe a good 10 years ago. Wow, never knew the next time I would be watching it on a computer in Central London :)



1 Comments:
Glad to hear that the job stuff is already in process!! Good on you Tim :) The interview was interesting indeed! nice and very different, but intellectual, I'd think. But I wouldn't be able to figure the egg stuff out unless I get a really smart team member like you. hehe : P
I've heard of 龍貓, but I don't know what does it talk about... would be nice to know :)
Post a Comment
<< Home