My Birthday
I am now officially "pretty old".
My birthday was today and I turned 20. Hung out with Arman and Sophia last night from 11pm onwards, just before I turned 20, swapping these brainteasers that weren't easy. Thought I'd do something special on my birthday so I dragged Arman out to Oxford Street with me to get Subway. It was so friggin' freezing and I was so sleepy that I got conned into getting a Vege Sub there. Don't ask.
Slept at 5.30am after doing some group project and looked forward to a good night's sleep. Got woken up by Dilini who said "Happy Birthday!" at 8 (Sharon and her came to visit me the night before and placed some ribbons on my door, but I wasn't there). I slept again. Dad rang me. Slept again. Merrill Lynch rang me, saying that I did alright in last night's interview and that I got into the final rounds. Slept again.
Woke up around 11 and went into uni to do some group project. Attended the 2010: Compilers lecture and sorted out the groups. Went shopping with Elle on Charing Cross Road for her brother (got him a Mixer) and for her baby brother (got this Dinosaur book). Went back to uni and did a bit more report. It's lookin' good.
Went to church that night a little early to help out with the Chinese New Year celebrations, and went with Terry to Chinatown to pick up some groceries. Took a Black Cab for the first time! Went to All Souls, Langham Place and helped put out the food and also the decorations. It was a good night and met some nice people. Terry talked about Chinese New Year. Went home around 10.30pm.
Jack rung me and said he would visit me in 15 minutes, which he did... along with 5 other people and a cake! It was a kind of fruit flan and it was delicious. We hung out for a while. It was fun.
Well, all in all, this was one of, if not the best birthdays I've had. Well that's my 20th birthday in London! Too bad my parents and brother aren't here though.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home