Welcome to Highbury - the Home of Football
This week has been quite a week. Started off with finishing the Complexity on Sunday night, going to church at 6.30pm and bumped into Gabriel Mak from ECCM which was totally random.
Forgot what happened on Monday.
Tuesday was alright, though the football match was a blast. Watched the 4th round of Carling Cup with Arsenal vs. Reading over at the Arsenal homeground at Highbury. It's very close, being on the Piccadilly Line, four stops from Russell Square. The match was fantastic, and even through Reading had a few opportune moments, they didn't exactly grasp them, and so the match closed with Arsenal: 3, Reading: 0. Saw Jose Antonio Reyes, Robin van Persie and Quincy Owusu-Abeyie. There were 36,137 people in attendance... quite a turn-out I must say. We were only 15m from the pitch, and seated behind the goals. Toward the end, a fight broke out, and a guy got dragged away by a policeman. Then he struggled. Suddenly a ring of 7 policemen descended on him and dragged him away for good. All caught on video, courtesy of Jack. This was a hall event, with Jack, Hiro, Eko and Apple going. Only cost £5 which was excellent. Afterward, we attempted to catch the Tube back, but with over 30,000 people trying to board, it proved impossibile. I bought a Pastie and some Chips from a Fish 'n' Chips Store, and sprinkled them with generous servings of salt and vinegar. Since it was freezing outside, and the chips were very hot, a crude equilibrium was reached. We ended up taking the bus home that night. When I got to the hall I found that I lost my wallet...
That night I cancelled my debit card, kinda given up on getting it back, but the night before I had gone back to Euston and the bus driver game me a number to call. Didn't end up calling it until 1pm on Wednesday. Turns out someone had turned it in! So I had to catch the bus from Euston... turns out that line was cancelled so had to work to Hampstead Road, for another line, then had to change again after that, but the driver didn't drop me off at the Clapton Bus Garage where my wallet was, but just in Clapton, so I had to take another bus. Got my wallet finally and went to a Perfect Chicken store since I was so hungry (they have a lot of fried chicken bars in UK for some reason) so I waffled it down and proceeded to go back to my hall. Picked at my hall dinner since I was still full from the fried chicken, tried to help Velicia with her computer then proceeded to go to King's Cross to work with Sadia and Sophia on Impage Processing. Didn't get much down, so we switched to Complexity instead. That went okay. Walked home from King's Cross at around 4am.
Thursday proceeded pretty much uneventfully, though I did manage to meet up with Melissa and Stuart over at Covent Garden. Her Tiffany & Co. ring looked so gorgeous. Had a pint, and chatted for a bit, then went home.
Top to Bottom:
1. Me at Highbury.
2. The Arsenal team in pre-match training.
3. The Arsenal team.
4. In the middle of the match.
5. Fans looking enthusiastic.
6. The Ring of Policemen.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home