Saturday, November 26, 2005

Work

All the 3rd year Computer Scientists reckon that this year is the hardest too, so I guess it's that much more harder for me, since I find the work here much harder anyway, even if it didn't come so frequently and so much. Don't get much free time anymore. Have lots of work to rush, such as Complexity, Group Project reports, and lots of other courseworks. It's challenging enough to be fun, but it consumes too much time that makes me miss out on exploring London. If I manage it all well, when my brother comes, I should be able to get out and have some fun then!

I've spent the better part... well actually, the most part, in fact, of Saturday studying. Chandra, Ying, Nick and Rav came to Connaught Hall, where Arman and I stay and have been sluggin' it out with the Computational Complexity Coursework. A fair bit of questions and work was done, reviewing all the lectures where we weren't really paying attention.

Tonight though I went to Hiro's room and played a little drinking game with Jack's PSP. Me, Jack, Oliver, Eko, Osamu and Hiro were in attendance. The game is called Talkman and we have to say phrases of another language (we chose Korean) and we get rated! A shot of Bacaradi Rum (left over from when Hiro and Jenny and others went Clubbing on Tuesday) with coke for whoever(s) gets the lowest mark. Went alright, downing six shots, but Oliver.. ahh.. poor guy. So now I'm here, ready to go to bed, ready for an early start tomorrow.

Backtracking... last week we had a Sushi Party with around fifteen people crammed into my small room. It was pretty good since Hiro the Sushi Master Chef made the sushi (see the video on Jack's Blog) and all in all it was a fun night. Played a little game where we randomly choose a card and the smallest got a piece of sushi smothered in wasabi. Of the two times we played, Jack lost twice! Rigged? I think not.

The night before, Francine, Jack, Me, Helen and Sirius went to watch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. First screening actually at 12:05am. Went to Angel via the bus to catch it! Came back at around 4am trolling Tottenham Court Road for food. I think Burger King just closed when we got there! All in all, it was a very enjoyable movie - best one of the four. Aimed at a generally older audience. Plus the chinese girl, Cho Chang (played by Katie Leung) is really pretty, though I seem to be in the minority. Jack makes some pretty interesting comments about this on his blog. She's from Scotland so she has a Scottish accent! May seem obvious but I didn't really expect it and it's actually kinda nice! Oh yeah, I finished the new Harry Potter Book in around 3 days (reading 450 pages one night) that weekend.

Top to Bottom:

1. Me shivering at the Harry Potter Screening!
2. Cramming people in my room for the Sushi Party.
3. Me with the two plates!
4. The girls try their hand at making sushi.
5. Hiro's Super Sushi.





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUH!!! I will definitely win the
Talkman Game.!!!!!

7:59 PM, November 27, 2005  
Blogger p.l. said...

maybe not. mwahaha.

6:53 AM, November 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home