Saturday, December 03, 2005

Alias

On Thursday night I was stressing whether I could go to the 3December event run by Alias since registration had closed. In the end, Sadia gave me her ticket since she couldn't go, but then when I got to the conference centre at the Kensington-Olympia station, yesterday afternoon, it turned out that I didn't to register at all. Got a whole stack of freebies. Pens, CDs, Lanyards, and so on and so forth. Attended a couple of demonstrations and visited the various booths, including HP, ATI and even Pixar! Talked to Chris Ford who is the Business Director for Renderman at Pixar for some twenty minutes. Pretty interesting stuff. But the highlight of the visit must've been Picasso Griffith (www.picassogriffiths.co.uk). He's meant to be famous I think, but anyway, Alias employed him to draw the attendees, and having asked him what pens he was using, he came and drew Elle, Nik and I. I must say he's really talented, chatting to us while he draw them. He just used a brush tip marker and three other grey-tone markers. Nice stuff.

After that, went with Elle, Nik, Duncan and Justin to a Japanese restaurant at Oxford Circus. It was okay, service was pretty slow and it wasn't cheap. £12 all up, which is $AUD30. Okay, I gotta stop converting the currency, just makes me more unhappy. I did try some Sake (Japanese Rice Wine) though.

Proceeded to iClub straight after that, and learnt more about Scotland and even joined in the Céilí, which is a form of Scottish dancing. Got some potato and leek soup to take back too.

Top no Bottom:
1. Caricature of I!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home